Mares' Hurdle Odds
Close Brothers Mares' Hurdle (Class 1) (Grade 1) (POSSIBLE ENTRIES)
- 4yo+, 25 Runners
- Jumps , 2m 3f 200y
- Sort By Number
- Sort By Odds
- Sort By RP Rating
- Sort By Topspeed
• 1 (5) = Horse number with the draw number in brackets.
• Number alongside the horse name is the days since the horse last ran.
• Numbers/letters under the jockey silk is the horse form with the most recent figure on the right. Numbers = finishing position (0 = finished outside the top 10), P = pulled up, F = fell, U = Unseated, B = brought down, R = refused, C = carried out, D = disqualified, HR = hit rails, L = left at start, O = ran out, S = slipped up, V = void race. A dash between figures indicates a year between the runs and a slash indicates a new season.
• % alongside jockey/trainer names = strike rate in last 30 days.
• Key to pointers: C = Course winner, D = Distance winner, CD = Course & Distance winner, BF = Beaten Favourite last time out, WS = Has had wind surgery since last run, LT = Longest Travellers, b = Wearing blinkers, b1 = Wearing blinkers for the first time, h = Wearing a hood, h1 = Wearing a hood for the first time, t = Wearing a tongue strap, t1 = Wearing a tongue strap for the first time, v = Wearing a visor, v1 = Wearing a visor for the first time, p = Wearing cheek pieces. OR = Official Rating. RPR = Racing Post Rating. Topspeed is a figure calculated using race times and the going to show how fast the horse can run.
Bet365 bookmakers are offering new customers a sign-up deal of Bet £10 & Get £30 In Free Bets, which can be used when betting on the Mares' Hurdle.
- bet365 usually offer Best Odds Guaranteed once the final declarations are in for the Cheltenham Festival races including the Mares' Hurdle
- bet365 can often restrict winning punters, so you may struggle to get a decent bet on the Mares' Hurdle
William Hill have have a new sign-up offer of Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets, which can be used on the Mares' Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival
- William Hill are offering competitive prices on the Mares' Hurdle
- William Hill are usually Best Odds Guaranteed on the day of the race after 10am
Boylesports are offering new customers a sign-up deal of Bet £10 Get £20 + £10 Casino Bonus, which can be used when placing a bet on the Mares' Hurdle.
- Boylesports are offering competitive prices on the 2023 Mares' Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival
- Boylesports can restrict winning punters
How To Bet On the Mares' Hurdle
Here at HorseRacing.net we give you all the information on how to place at bet on the Mares' Hurdle
When is the Mares' Hurdle?
The race takes place at 16:10 on Tuesday 14th March 2023.
Where can I watch the Mares' Hurdle?
Established in 2008, the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle is one of the youngest at the festival, with the inaugural running won by Whiteoak for the Donald McCain team. A period of domination began the following year when Quevega picked up the first of a staggering six straight wins for Willie Mullins. Since then the race has become a lot more competitive.
Who is the most iconic winner of the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle?
Although Annie Power and Benie Des Dieux share the honours for the most dramatic performances in the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle, the great Quevega is out on her own, with six straight wins in the race between 2009-2014. Quevega benefitted from some masterful training from Willie Mullins during her career, and successfully won on reappearance in the race for each of her five subsequent successes, regularly making just two starts each season - attempting to follow up at Punchestown a month later. Quevega successfully completed the Cheltenham/Punchestown double in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, before suffering defeat on the final start of her career at Punchestown in 2014.
Are there any trials for the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle?
There is a range of Mares’ events which serve as pointers for the festival event throughout the season, with the most significant of those being the olbg.com Mares’ Hurdle at Warwick. Over in Ireland, it’s worth keeping an eye on the Quevega Mares’ Hurdle at Punchestown, a race in which several recent protagonists have warmed up in before running at Cheltenham.
Who is the most successful jockey in the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle?
The most successful jockey in the history of the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle is Ruby Walsh, with eight wins. Six of Walsh’s wins in the Mares’ Hurdle came on board Quevega, who won the race in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, while Walsh has also won the race on Vroum Vroum Mag in 2016 and Benie Des Dieux in 2018.
Who is the most successful trainer in the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle?
The most successful trainer in the history of the David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle is Willie Mullins, who has trained a scarcely believable nine winners from 12 runnings. Mullins’ nine winners have come courtesy of Quevega (for six straight renewals from 2009-2014), while he has also won the race with Glens Melody (2015), Vroum Vroum Mag (2016), and Benie Des Dieux (2018).