Cheltenham Free Bets
How To Claim Cheltenham Free Bets
Here at HorseRacing.net we give you all the information on how to get free bets on the Cheltenham Festival
With a great range of offers and price promises in addition to a wealth of markets on every race, bet365 are one of our recommended betting sites for horse racing.
- Best Odds Guaranteed
- Price Promise available on every ITV Race
- Not the prettiest website
- Sometimes criticised for restricting winning bettors
Boylesports are one of the leading betting sites on the market and you can place bets on a whole host of markets during the Cheltenham Festival, so it's a must-have for racing punters.
- Best Odds Guaranteed available the day before racing
- Various markets available to bet on a daily basis
- Boylesports can sometimes offer shorter prices about the bigger priced contenders
William Hill has been a household name in the betting world for decades and with some eye-catching new customer offers and raceday boosts they are one of the most popular betting sites on the market.
- Offer competitive prices for punters
- Can offer boosts on horse racing for selected customers
- Can be known to restrict winning punters
- Only offer Best Odds Guaranteed from 10am on the day of the race
BetUK may not hold the same stature in the gambling world as some of the more famous betting companies, but they are gradually forcing their way into the picture.
- Have an eye-catching new customer sign-up bonus that is worth checking out
- Best Odds Guaranteed is only available from 11am on the day of the race
Pros and Cons of Free Bets
- Getting acquainted with a new bookie – Free bets are an excellent, low-risk way of getting familiar with a new site;
- More enjoyable – Free bets allow you to place interesting wagers without having to worry about how much you’re spending;
- Chance to win without staking considerable cash – As a number of free bet offers don’t come with wagering requirements, you might be able to make real cash from your free bets;
- Opportunity to bet on new markets – As you don’t stand to lose anything with free and money back bets, it’s a good opportunity to explore other, more unfamiliar markets.
- Market restrictions – Some free bets will be restricted to specific markets;
- Wagering requirements – It’s quite possible that there will be wagering requirements attached to your free bets, making them not quite as ‘free’ as they first appeared. Depending on the time limits, you may also not have very long to clear these requirements, which will prevent you from withdrawing any cash from your free bet;
- Payment method exclusions – You may find that your preferred payment option is excluded from the bonus;
- Minimum odds – Your qualifying bets can’t be too safe, so you may have to lose £10 on an outside horse in order to get your free bet.
How to choose your Cheltenham Free Bet Offer
The best way to decide which Cheltenham Free Bet offer to take up is to work out how you want to play the Festival. If you are looking to play just the biggest race of the day then try to find the best offer for that race alone. If you are a fan of cashback if your horse finishes second or third then you'll be able to find those offers above as well. If you are going to play every race then choose a sign-up offer then best reflects that.
What is a Cheltenham Free Bet?
Typically, Free Bets are given out to entice new customers. Basically, it is exactly what you'd expect it to be. The bookmaker will put an amount into your account once you sign-up that you have to use on bets. You can't simply take the money out. Sometimes it will be for a certain race but other times it can be for any race or even any sport. Check out the Ts and Cs on all the Free Bet Offers for Cheltenham listed above but all Free Bets will mean no outlay for those bets by the customer.
What are Cheltenham Money Back Specials?
This is where bookmakers will have a special offer on a certain race. This will often come in the form of money back into your account if your bet loses for a specific reason. Common examples of this are if the favourite loses or if a horse fails to win by a very short distance. In this instance where you qualify, your stake will be refunded into your account.
Do you have to be an existing customer?
No. Cheltenham is the best time of year to get involved in Betting on Horse Racing if you are new to the sport - or you want to open a new account with a bookmaker you haven't previously bet with. It is very much a buyers market so shop around all of the offers above to find the best Cheltenham sign-up offer for you.
Can I open accounts with more than one bookmaker?
Yes, you can. This is a great time to take advantage of the enticing Free Bet offers that will be floating around. Check back with this page throughout the Cheltenham Festival to see all the latest offers from all our betting partners.
What is Non Runner No Bet?
Many Horse Racing punters like to bet on the Ante-Post and this is where No Runner, No Bet comes in. If you find an offer that includes this, you can feel free to bet on a horse weeks before the Festival in the safe knowledge that if they do not run, you'll get your money back. If you are betting on the Ante-Post then look out for those offers.
What are the best betting sites to use to gain Cheltenham Festival free bets?
There’s no hard and fast answer — the best site to choose depends on your needs and preferences as a bettor. All our recommended Cheltenham festival betting sites have a welcome offer for new customers, so simply browse the selection and pick out one you like the look of.
How do I choose the best Cheltenham Festival free bets?
It’s simple — take a look at our selection and click through to find out more. Things to consider include the size of the free bet bonus, terms and conditions like minimum odds or market restrictions, and what you need to do to claim the offer. All our partner bookies feature a welcome offer that will allow you to bet on Cheltenham.
Do all betting sites offer Cheltenham Festival free bets for new customers?
Yes, pretty much. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a bookmaker that doesn’t offer free bets to new customers. Keep in mind minimum odds restrictions may apply when using your free bet, and there could be some market restrictions.
Can I get free bets on the Cheltenham Gold Cup?
Yes. Most new customer promotions at our bookies can be used on the Gold Cup, but you may also find specific Cheltenham free bets offered in the lead-up to the event.