Racing Guide: Tuesday 1st October
Legendary Western House Hogmanay Ball Handicap
- 3YO plus, 12 Runners
- Flat,Turf , 7f 50y , Soft-heavy in places
- Winner £7,439, 2nd £2,214, 3rd £1,106, 4th £553
YOUNG FIRE displayed a good attitude to win on his third start in the UK at Haydock just under a month ago, and David O'Meara's four-year-old could have more to offer off a 3lb higher mark. Redarna bounced back to form when runner-up over C&D and he warrants plenty of respect along with Sagittarius Rising, who travels over from Ireland after finishing a neck second in a Listowel handicap.
- Sort By Number
- Sort By Odds
- Sort By RP Rating
- Sort By Topspeed
• 1 (5) = Horse number with the draw number in brackets.
• Number alongside the horse name is the days since the horse last ran.
• Numbers/letters under the jockey silk is the horse form with the most recent figure on the right. Numbers = finishing position (0 = finished outside the top 10), P = pulled up, F = fell, U = Unseated, B = brought down, R = refused, C = carried out, D = disqualified, HR = hit rails, L = left at start, O = ran out, S = slipped up, V = void race. A dash between figures indicates a year between the runs and a slash indicates a new season.
• % alongside jockey/trainer names = strike rate in last 30 days.
• Key to pointers: C = Course winner, D = Distance winner, CD = Course & Distance winner, BF = Beaten Favourite last time out, WS = Has had wind surgery since last run, LT = Longest Travellers, b = Wearing blinkers, b1 = Wearing blinkers for the first time, h = Wearing a hood, h1 = Wearing a hood for the first time, t = Wearing a tongue strap, t1 = Wearing a tongue strap for the first time, v = Wearing a visor, v1 = Wearing a visor for the first time, p = Wearing cheek pieces. OR = Official Rating. RPR = Racing Post Rating. Topspeed is a figure calculated using race times and the going to show how fast the horse can run.